CBSE Class 12th Music Notes in Hindi Code 35
HINDUSTANI MUSIC MELODIC INSTRUMENTS (Code – 035)
Course Structure (2022-23) Class – XII
Theory 30 Marks
Periods – 40
Time :02hours 70 Marks
- Questions to be set with internal choice covering the entire syllabus .
No. Units No. of Periods Marks
1.1 Brief study of the following
Gram, Murchhana, Alankar, Alap, Tana.
1.2 Brief study of the following
Gamak, Meend, Kan, krintan, Zamzama, Ghaseet, Sut.
2.1 Historical development of Time Theory of Ragas 05
3.1 Detail study of the following
3.2 Life sketch and Contribution of Inayat Khan, MushtaqAli
Khan, Alauddin Khan
4.1 Description of Prescribed Talas along with Tala Notation
with Thah, Dugun, Tigun and Chaugun prescribed
4.2 Tuning of the Instrument opted for.
5.1 Critical study of Prescribed Ragas along with
Recognizing Ragas phrases of Swaras and elaborating
them (Excluding Raga Shuddha Sarang)
5.2 Writing in Notation the Compositions of Prescribed
Ragas : Bhairav, Bageshri, Malkauns
Practical Syllabus –
Practical –100 Periods 70 Marks
S.No Topics No. of periods
1.One Razakhani Gat in prescribed Ragas Bhairav Bageshri Malkauns with simple elaborations, Todas and Jhala.
- One Masitkhani Gat in prescribed Ragas with simple elaborations and a few Todas.
- Alaap, Jor, Jhala in any one of the prescribed ragas with ability to produce meend of minimum two swaras.
- One composition in Ektala or in Jhaptala in any one of the prescribed ragas
- Ability to recite thekas of Jhaptal, Rupak with Dugun, keeping tala with hand beats.
- Ability to recognize the swaras of the prescribed Ragas sung or played by the examiner
- Tuning of instrument opted for.